Friday, June 19, 2009

Off the Beaten Path

At the moment I am typing this up while listening to my amazing new Amr Diab CD, which I bought in Little India the other day for a pretty good price. I got so excited in that store and ended up buying two Bollywood (Indian) movies and some Hindi and Arabic music, things that are quite hard to find in the States, and CDs and DVDs here are cheaper here in general. So hooray for that!

Me and Sathya at Marina Barrage

The past few days have been quite eventful. On Wednesday my new Singaporean friend Amir drove Sathya and me out to this place called Marina Barrage. It's basically this huge funny-shaped thing built on top of a dam, and you have to drive to get there, so it would have been pretty much unaccessable to us if he hadn't taken us there. It has an excellent view of the city, especially at night, and it's just a great space to go hang out and talk with your friends. I felt like by going there we got a taste of what locals really do and I loved that we got off of the tourist track we tend to stay on.

Wow, it's 2:00 a.m. here, but I have so much more to write about! I guess I'll just have to add more tomorrow. Good night!

4 comments:

Arielle said...

Oh wow self motivated blogging!

haha I'm just kidding I love you.

And that is pretty fricking excited about your arabic music.

You'll have to let me borrow those CDs when we get back to school so I can have them on my iPod.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you enjoyed yourself!
oh pls update about thailand!! (except about that thai guy, hmph). kidding haha. hope you're having a blast!!

Amir

Unknown said...

i believe an UPDATE is needed since you have since changed countriessss :)

Arielle said...

um little missy

it has been more than a week

you are in trouble