Thursday, June 11, 2009

Chocolate, Biking and Skyping

Well, I am in an unusually giddy mood, especially considering it's 2:25 a.m. right now, and I have to wake up at 6:00. But I'm so excited because I just paid $5.95 for a whole month of unlimited calling with Skype, so I can talk to anyone in America as much as I want, much to the delight of all of my grandparents, I think.

This week has been quite good. I'm starting to find dishes that I enjoy, and-dare I say it-crave, which is so nice because there's nothing worse than craving your mom's fried chicken, and knowing that there's no way you can have it for another two months. Also, class discussions are starting to get controversial, which has been especially fun for me recently. Then last night a group of us went back to Max Brenner's chocolate bar for round 2, which was nothing short of fabulous! I ordered the dark chocolate cheesecake, and I think it's pretty safe to say it was the most delicious cheesecake I've ever had in my life. Too bad it costs $12.

Today we went back to East Coast Park, this time as a whole group, and we were able to ride bikes again. It was a great idea, since we're going on our 6 mile bike tour in Malaysia on Sunday, and some of us hadn't been on a bike in years. There was actually one girl who had never learned how to ride a bike before, so we taught her today, and I'm so happy because now she'll be able to join us on Sunday.

Speaking of Malaysia, I am leaving to go there at 7:00 (in about 4 hours; I really need to go to sleep) so I will be without internet access until Sunday, which means there will definitely not be any blog posts for the next couple of days (sorry Arielle). Although after that fun little excursion I should have plenty to share hopefully. But for now it's time for me to pack and take a nap. Goodnight folks!

4 comments:

boone! said...

you may be surprised to know that i have actually been reading these. i thought i would say one thing: your location is not charlotte, nc united states. it is.. well.. malaysia i guess, but usually sigapore. at least get the correct hemisphere! im glad things are going well. LOVE, boone

Unknown said...

The best cheese cake you have ever had? Bring some home.

Arielle said...

haha aaaaaw thanks for the warning.
But you better come back with stories to tell.

haha

Unknown said...

hahaha boone read? one of the last people i would expect. but i miss you VA! come to raleigh so we can see you! and bring me some of that chocolate :)