Saturday, January 22, 2011

What is a felluca, anyway?


Apparently it is a type of sailboat! This evening after we had all returned from our first trip to campus, we gathered to go for a felluca ride on the Nile River. This was a great trip, because it was my first time really getting to see the Nile, which is of course huge and lovely. Each felluca held around 20 people, and had a big table in the middle that we ate delicious Egyptian desserts off of. Not much was going on, but it was a nice relaxing trip, and gave us an interesting view of the city. And finally I remembered to actually take pictures, so I will post some even though it is kind of dark. Tomorrow I'll have my Arabic placement test and a trip to Khan al-Khalili, the Egyptian Bazaar, so it should be a lot of fun!

1 comment:

Hannah said...

arabic placement exams are always loads of fun for me too.