Saturday, May 30, 2009

Hooray for AA's!

I have finally managed to track down a pack of AA batteries, and since my camera eats them like candy, hopefully these will last me a while so that I can supply you with more pictures.

Today was a great day. Our only planned activity was lunch at a charity Indian restaurant. The restaurant is staffed by volunteers, and after you eat their delicious Indian food you can pay as much or as little as you feel is necessary. After lunch, our whole group headed off to Chinatown and pretty much dissolved after that. A couple of other girls and I then made our way toward Arab street, and checked out the Masjid Sultan mosque, which I believe is the oldest mosque in Singapore. Unfortunately, we got there too late to go inside, so I will probably go again later. 

In addition, we checked out a Buddhist temple and the oldest Hindu temple in Singapore, so I've really had a multi-religious day. Afterwards we spent our evening mall-hopping (basically because you have to in order to get anywhere in Singapore) and finished off our day at Max Brenner's chocolate bar, where we enjoyed the most delicious (and expensive) cup of hot chocolate I have ever had.

After that busy day, I'm wiped, and I am really not looking forward to getting back into study-mode tomorrow. But I am so glad that we've had a chance to roam the city in small groups and figure our way around. I think we're all definitely starting to feel more like  Singaporeans and less like deer-in-the-headlights tourists.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Well the hot chocolate is the best you ever had only because you have never had Save-A-Center brand artificially flavored instant hot chocolate with marsh mallows. Save-A-Center brand artificially flavored instant hot chocolate with marsh mallows is the best hot chocolate in the world.

Arielle said...

Ooooh I'd love some Indian Food right now. Definitely jealous

Virginia said...

Yeah actually I just had more Indian food for lunch today. And it was only about $2.00. It's amazing how cheap stuff is here! Also there is halal food everywhere you go. I thought you'd appreciate that Arielle.

Arielle said...

I can not imagine why you'd say that.

:)

Anonymous said...

this blog is so great....maybe use re-chargeable batteries....but that would involve a converter HA HA HA ... keep having fun and why not ship home all the good food and drinks you are finding so you can share :)

Mama Zeph

Arielle said...

:)

miiiiiiiiiiiss you

what are you dooooooooooing?

spare no details

Unknown said...

hahah for some reason I read the title of this post and thought "Alcoholics Anonymous" not sure why...

Arielle said...

Mooooooooooooooooooooore please

Arielle said...

you're killing me silly

PS I'd like to let you know that the word verification for this comment is the word "sucklik"

hahaha

Arielle said...

why do you torture me with all of this waiting?

Arielle said...

...

I think you know what I want