Monday, May 25, 2009

Howdy from Hong Kong!

Hey guys!
So we just arrived in Hong Kong about an hour ago, and still have a couple of hours before we board our final plane for Singapore. Luckily, there's free wifi here in the Hong Kong airport! So far our trip has been great. I didn't crash on my first plane ride, despite my friend's warnings- "You'll be fine, Virginia. Just make sure you have your seat belt on when the plane starts doing flips in the air!" My friend was so kind as to offer me his window seat since it was my first time flying. (Thank you Donnie!!) And surprisingly, the 14-hour flight across the ocean seemed less boring for me. Probably because they fed us more.

For now we're just kind of hanging out now, making use of the free internet- literally every one of us is sitting here with a laptop in our laps. Also, so far China looks quite pretty! There are some really cool-looking mountains surrounding the airport. They almost make up for the fact that security just confiscated my favorite pair of scissors. Anyway, I see that I am running the risk of rambling on about an airport, so I will go for now. I hope all my American folks stay safe while I'm gone, and don't do anything I wouldn't do!

3 comments:

Arielle said...

Well Virginia I promise you that we could probably do some things your wouldn't do and still stay safe. But I'm glad that your first epicly long flight was alright.

I can't believe you're like 13 time zones away from me!

Unknown said...

Your safety was prayed for here. Love you much and miss you already.
MamaJane and JimPa

Unknown said...

aww the scissors!