Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tiny Rooms for a Tiny Country


Well, I have officially arrived in Singapore, and the batteries in my camera are dead so I haven't really been able to take many pictures. But, I do have pictures of my lovely room, which is tiny but cute, and since it's a single, it's just my size! Note that the bed only has one little blanket there on the bottom. In this weather though, that little blanket is all you'd need.

We noticed the heat literally the second we stepped out of the plane and into the loading tunnel (if there is an official word for that thing then I don't know what it is). It is very hot and humid, and also it was raining in a huge downpour as soon as we arrived, but it's really not that bad once you get used to it. As soon as we put our stuff in our rooms and took a quick shower, we headed off to see some of the buildings we'll be using, and then went to dinner in this cool little place where there are lots of stands to choose from. One thing that I've noticed already that I really love is the pricing for everything. Food costs around 3-4 dollars, and they don't add sales tax to everything like they do in America. Also the conversion rate is quite nice such that my 5 dollar meal only cost me about $3.45 in American money.

Well we have a full day of errands and such planned for today, so I need to get ready. But I'm excited for the adventures ahead!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

aww looks so cute! sounds fun :)

Arielle said...

that's cool. I've been told by quite a few people that it's not that food in other countries is cheap but that food in America is expensive.

I WANTS MORE PICTURES

step to it

wuv you

Unknown said...

How exciting it must be to be in your own room literally on the opposite side of your planet from home.

Jessica said...

Mmmm....send me some tasty ethnic food!

Arielle said...

I will literally comment everyday begging for new blog posts

watch me

I'm not doing anything interesting this summer and intend to live vicariously through you.

Thus I have enough time to do this.

:)

Arielle said...

I'm telling you

I'll ask everyday.

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeveeeeeeeeeeeeryyyyyyyy day